2020- the year that’s shaken everyone.
One thing that’s shaken me and many others is… Mask Acne. AKA #MASKNE. Yup. It’s a real thing.
So what's causing it? The scientific term is “acne mechanica,” meaning the mechanical friction of the mask fabric rubbing against your skin is causing breakouts. It's creating a warm, moist environment for extra skin oils to proliferate, and for bacteria to become trapped, thus clogging pores.
Here’s how to treat #Maskne:
- Avoid using the same mask everyday.
- Wash the mask regularly.
- Use mask with light weight materials. ( Silk is always a good option)
- Wash your skin with a gentle cleanser.
- Use a Salicylic Acid Treatment… aka Blemish Camouflage from August+Monroe.
- Keep your skin hydrated with products
- Avoid wearing too much makeup. This is why using Blemish Camouflage from August+Monroe as a primer underneath your mask is super helpful.
- Have a barrier in between the mask & skin. AKA: Blemish Camouflage from August+Monroe.
- Whatever you do, DON’T PICK! This will spread bacteria, and make the #Maskne worse!
Don't be afraid to use a blemish treatment under your mask... this will heal your acne & protect them throughout the day.
Would love to hear some of your #Maskne suggestions too. Write them in the comment box.